The ZEN50 is a game changer. World’s first series production catamaran equipped with a wingsail, it defines a new distinctive class of its own, where genuine zero-emission meets high comfort and performance, limitlessly.
Designed from scratch for ZEN Yachts by award-winning naval architect Julien Mélot, this full carbon catamaran is the ultimate essence of technology driven, high performance and luxurious, eco-friendly leisure yachting.
The blue water capable ZEN50 lightweight racing carbon hulls are combined with a huge solar roof for an unrivaled 1:1 solar power versus displacement ration (16 kW / 16 tonnes), making this yacht completely energy self-sufficient.
A revolutionary, fully automated, wingsail – by Ayro© – can be added as a range and speed extender. The yacht’s high capacity battery bank powers a powerful silent electric propulsion, allowing the ZEN50 to achieve 14 knots and maintain high continuous speeds in unrivaled safety and comfort, indefinitely…
The ZEN50 is offered with or without wingsail and comes in 3 main different version: Racer, Cruiser and Explorer, each dedicated to a different usage and owner profile. We use these versions as a basis to define a final, bespoke specification for each of our valued clients and ZEN Community Members.
EQUIPMENT INCLUDED – RACER VERSION
(Cruiser & Explorer versions carry additional equipment )
• Integrated power management system
• Solar power & energy storage system
• Electric propulsion system
• By-wire steering system
• Helm stations at cockpit & flybridge
• Galley counters, storage, sink, oven, stove, fridge, freezer
• 4 en suite heads with enclosed shower, toilet, sink & faucet (in each head)
• All cabin furniture (as shown in layouts)
• Aft deck fixed dining table and aft sofa with collapsible back rest (as shown in layouts)
• Fore deck day bed and lateral seats (as shown in layouts)
• Outdoor marine cork decking / indoor saloon natural bamboo decking
• All cushions In/Outdoor upholstered with Sunbrella® fabric
• 6 deck hatches
• 2 x 500 liter (2 x 132 gal) fresh water tanks
• 2 x 100 liter approx. (2 x 26 gal) fresh water tanks + 1 fresh water pump
• 2 x 350+ liter approx. (2 x 92 gal) holding tanks
• Railings, cleats and fore deck trampolines
• Mooring equipment: 33 kg Rocna® stainless steel anchor + 50 m stainless steel chain 10 mm + 150 m nylon rope + e-windlass
• Regulatory navigation equipment including navigation lights & mast
• 2 x chart plotter 16”; 2 x VHF with DSC button
• Regulatory Life Saving Appliances
• Critical spare parts kit